There are many ways one can lose a tooth. Everything from tooth and gum disease to facial injuries can hinder your smile permanently. Tooth loss can impact your ability to speak properly and chew your food, and it can hamper your self-confidence. Thankfully, at Paramount Dental Center - Kirkland, there’s a simple and permanent way to fix tooth loss and restore functionality while also preserving a natural-looking smile and your natural facial contours: dental implants. These are a long-term, less-fuss alternative to dental crowns or bridges that are proven successful time and time again. Dental implants are full replacements for lost teeth that look and function like the originals. Typically, the false tooth is bonded to a titanium post, which is then surgically fixed to the jawbone. There are two main types of dental implants most commonly employed by modern dentists:
- Endosteal — This is the most common implant, where the metal implant comes in the form of a screw, post or blade that is bonded directly into the jawbone. This protects against bone decay while also holding one or more prosthetic teeth firmly in place.
- Subperiosteal — In certain situations, direct implant bonding to the jawbone may not be possible for a patient either due to bone height or other health issues. Therefore, the implant is instead secured on top of the jawbone using a metal framework that comes up through the gum to hold the implant in place.
Our dentists and team offer dental implants that can replace single teeth or can even address multiple tooth loss and denture substitution. Aside from dental issues, implants can address upper and lower jaw issues, sinus augmentation and ridge modification. Beyond the immediate and obvious health improvements, implants also offer numerous benefits such as:
- Convenience — Rather than having to maintain and keep track of removable dentures, implants eliminate the mess, fuss and ongoing cost, requiring no more effort than normal teeth.
- Durability — When you choose a high-quality implant, it can last for decades, even a lifetime! It can offer a more long-term solution than a temporary dental cap or bridge.
- Aesthetics — With no caps or bridges, dental implants look and function just like ordinary teeth. No one will be able to tell the difference when you flash your now full smile!
- Confidence — And speaking of full smiles, what better way to give your self-esteem a boost than to fill in unsightly gaps with a dental implant? You’ll enjoy better comfort, oral function and appearance without having to worry about constant maintenance or care.
To learn more about the benefits of dental implants, check out the pages below!
If you think dental implants might be for you, visit our dental practice in KIRKLAND, Washington, or contact us at 425-739-9093 today for a complimentary consultation with Dr. Colin Del Rosario, Dr. Alsadhli Abu or Dr. Catherine Parker!